My Blog List

Monday, March 22, 2010

Digital Drama




I am so excited for a new season of True Life, which premiers tonight at 10pm on MTV. True Life is a show about real people and serious topics. The season is kicking off with a show based on "Digital Drama," which is caused when people, especially intimate couples, take technology too seriously and let it consume there lives. Often times technology, such as emails, text messages and websites like Facebook can promote many digital relationships (non-intimate). There is a friendly manner that takes place in technological relationships that are easily misunderstood. In many cases, people involved in intimate relationships misinterpret messages that there partners receive via such technology, which tend to cause an uproar in their relationships. This leads to "digital drama" and causes couples to loose trust and fight a lot. Make sure to tune in on MTV for more about "digital drama."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vocabulary
  • consume (verb) to absorb, engross
  • digital (adjective) available in electronic form
  • intimate (adjective) close personal relationship, like boyfriend/girlfriend
  • kicking off (verb) beginning, starting
  • misunderstood/misinterpret (adjective) to take in wrong sense
  • uproar (noun) commotion
  • via (preposition) by way of

Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary words:

  • I read the wrong chapter for class because I ______________ the homework.
  • I talk to my friends ____ the Internet.
  • I have only had one ___________ relationship.
  • The employees in the office ________ in so much gossip.
  • The summer should be _________ ____ with lots of parties.
  • I have a ________ camera.
  • There was an _________ at the school when the fire broke out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grammar Point

The paragraph above showcases several adverbs. Adverbs are most often formed by adding -ly to an adjective; the examples I gave above are formed this way, too. Refer to the paragraph and review the italicized words. Ask yourself, what word is it modifying in the sentence and what is the words original form (which part of speech was it)? Lastly, choose an adverb and use it in a sentence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link
To learn more about MTV's True Life show visit:
http://www.mtv.com/shows/truelife/series.jhtml

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch anything on MTV, but I am addicted to General Hospital, which I have watched since I was about 12.

    ReplyDelete