My Blog List

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tanning




Tanning salons are a great alternative for sunless tanning. Tanning salons provide you with an instant color without the hassle of sweating and laying out in the scorching sun for hours. I have resorted to tanning salons just to get that sun-kissed complexion. My mother and sisters always warn me about the dangers of tanning salons. Tanning beds have the potential to harm the skin with the use of its ultra-violet lights. The rays can expose the skin to harmful rays that are the causing lead of skin cancer. However, I am well aware of these dangers, but I don't think they pose a great risk for me because I don't tan consistently. I tend to go to tanning salons when I feel a little pale and when I'm going on a vacation. Otherwise, I usually tan during the summer in the natural sunlight rays on the beach. I recommend Beach Bum tanning salons because they have great beds and packages to choose from.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vocabulary
  • alternative (noun) another way
  • complexion (noun) the color of the skin
  • rays (noun) a beam of light
  • skin cancer (noun) harmful growth in the skin
  • tanning (noun) browning of the skin
  • ultra-violet (noun) a light that burns and tans the skin

Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word:

  • An ___________ route to cooking is ordering take-out.
  • _____________ exposure can cause wrinkles and skin damage.
  • I love __________ during the summer on the beach.
  • The sun _______ were so powerful that they started a wildfire.
  • __________ in skin vary from person to person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grammar Point

In this blog, I used coordinating conjunctions to link two clauses or adjectives together. Coordinating conjunctions are: and, but, and or. For this task, focus only on the and conjunction. Was I combining clauses or adjective? Work with a partner and select three examples to comment on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link
Here's a song on conjuctions, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo

No comments:

Post a Comment